Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Boston/New York Trip

We just got back from our trip out east. It was so much fun. Of course the best part for me was running in the Boston Marathon. It was the one of the best experiences of my life. The streets were COVERED with people for the whole 26.2 miles. They said there was well over 500,000 people there. Of course it was awesome to have friends and family with me there too. Tyler, his mom, his sister Lacey, Amy, my mom and dad, My best friend Kuuipo, and one of my sisters friends Harmony all were at the race to watch. We all got there by Thursday and were able to go to New York and see some pretty awesome sites. Then we went down to Boston and hung around there. We went and looked at some pretty awesome sites after the race.


Me and Tyler after I ran. I was hurting and VERY cold.
























6 comments:

La Belle Belge said...

So cool! Congrats for running the Boston Marathon! I'm glad so many friends and family were there to show support. I wish we could have been there too... Oh well, I guess we'll see you in a few weeks :)))).

Julia and Cody said...

Congrats on your race!!! How awesome is that! I'm glad so many got to come and see you race. We thought about you at work and were wondering when we were going to hear about how well you did!! :> Congrats again!!

Lindsay said...

I wish we were able to be there. I would have loved to cheer you on. How did you do? Sounds like it was well worth the hard work and pain. So, how is retirement? :) I will call this week and get all the details. And I have to tell you about my NY trip.

Joy said...

Wow, you are amazing for all the running you do. I'm hoping to kick my butt into gear and sign up for my first half marathon in the next year. I don't know if I could ever do a full marathon; how many have you ran in?

Lindsay said...

Hey, just wanted to wish you and Tyle a HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY! Hope you enjoy your day together.

Ralae said...

I meant to tell you congrats the last time I looked at this blog, but I don't see a comment from me here so I guess I forgot. Congrats! I bet it was an experience you'll not soon forget! I wish I was in such good shape!